JNP: The Journal for Nurse Practitioners offers high-quality, peer-reviewed clinical articles, original research, continuing education, and departments that help practitioners excel as providers of primary and acute care across the lifespan. JNP supports advocacy by demonstrating the role that policy plays in shaping practice and influencing outcomes. The journal is an official publication of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners and is affiliated with the Australian College of Nurse Practitioners.
The successful candidate for the position of Associate Editor will be recognized for his or her academic and research achievements and will have an impressive track record of publications or presentations. The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- Solid professional standing
- Sound scientific judgment
- Strong publications history
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
The main functions within this role are:
- Oversee departments to ensure prompt publication of high-quality, clinically relevant content and work with department editors to select topics and contributors
- Collaborate with the editor-in-chief to solicit, develop, and review content for case challenges
- Support the editor-in-chief in overall journal management, including soliciting manuscripts, authors, and reviewers
- Attend editorial board meetings
- Write two editorials a year
The paid post also involves working closely with the Publisher and the Editorial Board and requires a consistent, weekly commitment of time, with additional time for meetings or conference calls. Appointment initially will be for a 2-year term.
Applications should include a curriculum vitae and a letter outlining the skills the applicant would bring to this position. Interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by telephone. Applications should be sent to Managing Editor Dawn Nahlen at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2014.