After a decade of service, Dr. Linda Thede, Departmental Editor for CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing is stepping down. Thus a search is underway for a Dr. Thede’s replacement. The selected Editor will have primary responsibility for coordinating the CIN Plus and ANI Connection departments of CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing. The Editor will also be actively engaged in promoting CIN through social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter. This is an ideal opportunity for a nurse with an emerging interest in publishing and the editor role to have responsibility for journal and manuscript development while at the same time being mentored by an experienced Editor-in-Chief, Dr. Leslie Nicoll.
Activities related to this position include:
- Soliciting manuscripts for both departments, typically two per issue (one for CIN Plus and one for ANI Connections).
- Working with authors to revise and refine their manuscripts so that they are suitable for publication.
- Providing on-time publication ready manuscripts to the editorial office according to established deadlines.
- Participating in monthly conference calls with leadership of the Alliance for Nursing Informatics to discuss manuscript flow and the publication plan for ANI Connections.
- Attending relevant conferences, schedule permitting, such as the annual meetings for HIMSS, AMIA, ANIA, and the International Academy of Nursing Editors (INANE).
- Engaging audiences via social media.
- Other duties as assigned by the Editor-in-Chief.
Applicants should note that this position requires a weekly commitment of time. Applicants can be located in any setting; the work is done remotely. Financial remuneration includes a monthly honorarium and payment of the registration fee to attend the annual meeting of INANE. Ideally, the selected candidate will begin work on April 1, 2015.
- At least five years progressive experience in nursing.
- A registered nurse with a master’s degree in nursing is required, but a doctoral degree and certification in informatics is preferred.
- An established network of colleagues in informatics, nursing, and (to a lesser extent) publishing.
- Experience in the publication process, either as an author, peer reviewer, or similar position.
- Knowledge and ability to use technology effectively to streamline workflow.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member as well as individually.
There is an online application process which can be accessed here.
Applications will be accepted until February 28, 2015.
Questions should be directed to the Editor-in-Chief,
Dr. Leslie Nicoll at Leslie@medesk.com.