The Planning Committee for INANE 2016 has been hard at work for the past two months, lining up speakers for the general sessions at INANE 2016. We are excited about the presentations, which include:
- Natasha McEnroe, director of the Florence Nightingale Museum in London will be the opening speaker at our Gala on Monday, August 1.
- Ben Goldacre, author of Bad Science and a founder of AllTrials, will present on Missing Trials on Tuesday, August 2nd. If you are not familiar with Ben, you can watch his TED talks here and here.
- A speaker from ORCID has been confirmed–the exact speaker will be announced when details are finalized. This session will also be on Tuesday, August 2nd.
- Major Chris Carter will speak on the Oral Histories Project of the Defence Nursing Forum on Wednesday, August 3rd.
- INANE 2016 will close with a formal COPE forum, organized by Linda Gough, executive director of COPE, and Geri Pearson and Charon Pierson, COPE Council board members.
You can see all details of the program here. What’s missing? The voice of INANE! While the general sessions have been planned, we need INANE members to submit abstracts for posters and breakout sessions. The Call for Abstracts is open now. Abstracts will be accepted until January 15, 2016. If you need ideas to get started, there are suggestions for potential topics which were noted in the evaluations from INANE 2015 listed on the Call for Abstracts page. As always, we ask that you be creative in your approach to your presentation, involve the audience in interactive activities, and think about how to take your presentation to the next level beyond “This is what I did.” The Abstract Review Committee is eager to get to work! No abstracts have been received yet–who will be the first?
Registration for INANE 2016 will open on October 15, 2016. Once again there will be early bird (until December 31, 2015) registration which is actually less than early bird was in Las Vegas! We believe that INANE 2016 is a great value, especially when you consider that the conference has been extended to a full day on Wednesday!
If you have questions or need more information, you can use the Contact Form to send them directly to me. On behalf of INANE 2016 host, Gary Bell, and the rest of the Planning Committee, I look forward to welcoming my INANE colleagues to London next summer!