Advances in Nursing Science (ANS) is launching an Editor Immersion Program to provide a year-long Editorial role mentoring experience. Applications for the 2020-21 program are due April 1, 2020. See details about the program, and application and selection process here.
The activities of the program will be:
- Attendance at the INANE conference August 2-5, 2020 in Nashville, TN, including the preconference “Extreme Education for Editors (E3)” session, and the Lippincott publishers meeting (see https://inane2020.com/). Attendance at the 2021 INANE conference in Dublin, Ireland will be encouraged, but not required.
- Attendance at the ANS Advisory Board Meetings on October 30, 2020, and October 8, 2021 (both in Washington, DC). Please note: there may be funds available to assist with travel involved in attending these and the INANE meetings, but your application should not be contingent on the availability of funding.
- Orientation to the purposes, scope, editorial policies and publisher expectations related to ANS.
- Orientation to the responsibilities of the Editor in Editorial Manager, and fulfilling these responsibilities for submissions assigned by the Editor.
- Participate in the process of selecting the journal content for the issues due to the publisher during the term of service.
- Prepare at least one editorial during the term of service.
- At least bi-weekly Zoom meetings with the Editor.
See attached PDF announcement for further details.