The Journal of Nursing Education is accepting nominations for the position of Assistant Editor.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Editor:
JNE receives 600-700 manuscripts per year. With the Editor and Associate Editor, the Assistant Editor will be expected to:
• Work efficiently within the journal’s online manuscript peer review system, reviewing approximately 10-12 new submissions per month and making decisions to send out for peer review, asking authors to revise and resubmit before peer review, or rejecting without review.
• When assigned reviews are completed, make editorial decisions using available options (i.e., decision letters in the peer review system); rate individual reviews using the available rating scale.
• Write or assign at least 2 editorials per year.
• Attend and participate in biannual editorial board meetings (in person at NLN Summit in Sept/Oct, by phone/webinar in Mar/Apr).
• Participate with the Editor and Associate Editor in the review and selection of the annual Christine A. Tanner Scholarly Writing Award.
• Assist in identifying and soliciting new reviewers.
The term begins approximately January 1, 2017, for a 3-year commitment, which would be renewable for a 2-year term (or terms) if amenable to all parties. A stipend is provided.
Qualifications of the successful candidate include:
- Earned academic/research doctoral degree (e.g., PhD, DNSc, ScD, EdD)
- Recognized as a leader in nursing education
- Full professorship in a school or department of nursing that offers accredited undergraduate and graduate programs
- Membership in the NLN Academy of Nursing Education and/or American Academy of Nursing preferred
- History of scholarly publishing on issues of relevance to nursing education
- Significant experience as a journal peer reviewer and a clear understanding of the ethical guidelines for scholarly publishing
- Residence/employment in North America
How to apply:
Please submit a letter addressing your interest in and qualifications for this position, and include your current CV. Send your materials via email as a Word attachment to Jaime Harker, Executive Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by September 15, 2016.