Call for Editor – Urologic Nursing Journal
The Society of Urologic Nurses and Associates (SUNA) has issued a call for Editor for Urologic Nursing, SUNA’s official journal. The Editor plays a key role in orchestrating the content of the journal and is essential to the success of the publication. The Editor works closely with SUNA’s Managing Editor and Editorial Coordinator to produce the journal six times per year.
Urologic Nursing, a refereed and clinically focused journal, publishes original articles pertinent to urological nursing and care of the urologic patient. The journal conveys news related to issues and developments in practice, technology, and research. Subject matter may be of interest to the interdisciplinary readership or be of unique relevance to the subspecialist. Through the written media, Urologic Nursing promotes SUNA’s goals: to be recognized by medical professionals, patients, their families, and the public as the nursing authority on collaborative, compassionate, and culturally competent urologic care; to provide opportunities for health care providers to analyze, discuss, and exchange information pertaining to the field of urology; to promote high professional standards of quality and safe patient care; and to enrich the professional lives of SUNA members through education, research, and evidence-based clinical practice.
- Active member in good standing of SUNA.
- Upholds and supports SUNA’s structure, mission, vision, and strategic plan.
- Willingness to devote large blocks of time to journal activities.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of experts in field; professional visibility.
- Knowledge and clinical expertise in urology preferred.
- Evidence of publication.
- Awareness of publication process.
- Manuscript review experience and knowledge of peer review process and issues.
- Prior editorial experience is preferred.
- Ability to attend one (1) SUNA Board of Directors’ meeting and one (1) Editorial Board meeting each year. Attendance at the Board of Directors’ meeting is at the discretion of the SUNA Board of Directors.
If you wish to apply for Editor, please send a letter of interest and your CV to Managing Editor Carol Ford (email@example.com) by April 30, 2017.