Call for Editor-in-Chief: Perspectives in Psychiatric Care
Perspectives in Psychiatric Care is an established quarterly, peer-reviewed psychiatric nursing journal for advanced practice nurses. It is listed in 25 medical and scientific indexes, including Journal Citation Reports, MEDLINE, and SCOPUS. PPC has traditionally reflected research, education, and practice issues related to adult psychiatric nursing. The editorial board reflects the international nature of the journal and publications are submitted from a broad range of countries. Detailed information about the journal may be found here.
The position of Editor-in-Chief will begin on January 1, 2016, following several weeks of informal transition with the outgoing Editor. Responsibilities of the new Editor will include establishing the editorial direction and control of each issue. Specifically, the Editor will:
- determine the scope of each issue;
- appoint supporting editors and board members as needed;
- collaborate with the Associate Editors and Editorial Board to identify and recruit authors and relevant, high quality papers;
- oversee the peer-review process using Manuscript Central (ScholarOneManuscript);
- edit submissions for content and accuracy;
- help early career authors develop their writing skills;
- work with the PPC editorial team and Wiley staff to guide the journal’s strategic development;
- promote the journal at conferences globally and help market it through various channels.
Candidates should have established networks and prior experience working on a peer-reviewed journal, as well as writing and manuscript reviewing experience. Ideal candidates will demonstrate a deep understanding of the current issues facing psychiatric nursing globally.
Interested candidates should submit the following information by September 1st, 2015, to Marilea Polk Fried.
- Please describe any experience you have had as an editor, guest editor, member of an editorial board, and/or manuscript reviewer for any peer-reviewed journals.
- What are your primary areas of professional expertise and what are your networks within these fields? How would you use those networks to recruit papers, reviewers, and/or editorial board members?
- What conferences do you attend regularly?
- What are your general perceptions of Perspectives in Psychiatric Care and what is your vision for the journal?
- How would you fit the editorial duties into your existing schedule? How would your institution support this role?
- Do you have experience working with electronic submission and tracking software such as Manuscript Central (ScholarOneManuscript)?
- Please describe your experience working with digital content, including online journals, social media, etc. If you have a blog or a professional Face Book page, please tell us about it.
- What is your understanding of publication ethics and how might you apply it in your role as Editor-in-Chief of PPC? Are you familiar with plagiarism detecting software?
Initial interviews will be held by telephone and will be kept confidential unless the candidate requests otherwise. Letters of recommendation will be required only in the case of successful candidates.
Please submit your application via email to:
Marilea Polk Fried
Editor, Health Sciences
John Wiley & Sons
Applications due by September 1, 2015